We just watched the Passion of the Christ. There was such a long queue of people waiting to get into the cinema; the line went all the way out to the parking lot!
The moment we got into the cinema we wanted to reserve some seats for our friends who were coming later, so we were planning to occupy like, two rows of four seats. But then an elderly couple took the seats so we were pretty much stuck. Well the only reason I'm going into such minor details is coz I climbed over to the seat in front of me. I've always wanted to do that! Y'know, climbing over seats, like, from behind and stuff. It's like this secret fantasy or whatever, hahah! And I did it with such perfection! With the right amount of grace and not without a touch of agility. Ahh... Unlike my sister, who did the same thing before me, and she totally landed on her butt roughly, and worse, one of her legs were stuck in between the seats! Hahaahahahahahaahahhahahaha! Omigosh just think about it cracks me up so bad.
=P My sister's such a goof sometimes.
Anyways, the movie was really awesome. I expected to cry like, a river or whatever, but I didn't. I mean, initially I thought there was something wrong with me, what with my friend next to me sobbing so loudly and everything, but I was pretty much teary-eyed, but not sobbing crying y'know? The part where Jesus was shown in his moments of weaknesses, those were heart-wrenching. There were times when it seemed so obvious that He was human, like when He asked God to take away this cup, and when He said He was thirsty on the cross, and when He cried out to His Abba and asked why He'd forsaken him... that was when my tear ducts started to unload themselves. He totally understands what we're all going through coz He'd been through all of them, like, ALL of them; doubts, temptations, lusts... and yet He could do things the holy way. And He was willing to endure all the whipping, the insults, the humiliation, the betrayals...
Betrayals. How Judas betrayed Jesus for 30 silvers (um, or some other currency ya, don't sue me if I'm wrong), How Peter denied Jesus when the people confronted him. Jesus never laid a hand on them, never raised His voice at them or anything, but they suffer coz they know that they'd wronged their one and only Best Friend. That woke me up quite a bit, how our choices and our actions can affect us, and that we should never, ever be embarassed or hesitate to be followers of Christ.
And you know the best part? In the end, I didn't feel sad anymore; in fact, I felt triumphant, coz they showed Satan (okay another spoiler coming up, stop reading if you haven't watched the movie) being totally defeated once Jesus died on the cross. I was like, YES! I have nothing to fear from Mr S.A Tan (even though they portrayed him as a really creepy and well evil ((duh)) character), coz Jesus had ruined all his plans when He took our place and cleansed us with His blood! That was totally awesome, really!
You guys should really check the movie out. Got to talk to my sister about Christianity for a bit. Hehee.