<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Saturday, March 20, 2004Y
Access: Denied?

When I first told my sister that I was going to get baptized, she had that 'oh.' look on her face. Back then I had no idea how badly she took it, but later on I found out that she was actually quite apprehensive about it. She said she was worried that things would be different between us after I get baptized, that we wouldn't be so close anymore coz we would have different views on things and would prefer to do things differently. I was stunned. It never occured to me that way. I mean, sure we have vastly different opinions, but why should that stop us from being the best sisters ever? She says we christians try to desperately to convert others. But sometimes I think she's just being too sensitive. Sometimes. I mean, I talk about whatever I wanna talk about, and if it happens to be related to christianity, doesn't mean I'm trying to seep information into her mind or brainwash her into being a Christ follower. If she and other non-believers are allowed to speak their minds and proclaim the reasons they are agnostics or whatever, why aren't I allowed to speak my mind and tell her the reasons I believe in Christ? Wouldn't they be the ones who are doing all the judging and condemning if they kept criticizing christianity and refusing to listen? Undoubtedly there are many people who do try to preach a lot and stuff, but for me, I believe that conviction comes from the Lord and only from Him; we're just His instruments He uses to touch other ppl's lives. If people do get what we're saying, it is only coz of God, not by our own works. We don't even earn our salvation; it was given freely out of amazing Grace. I just find it so painful when there are times she would throw snide remarks on how I probably don't like this or wouldn't appreciate that simply coz I'm a Christian. Like when she blurts out foul words or something. Yes, I don't use them myself but why does she have to think that I would judge her or condemn her just coz I'm a Christian? I'm not supposed to be a goody-goody just coz I'm a Christian. Who ever invented THAT rule anyway? Then there are times when she would assume that I don't understand her. That is so not true; I never, EVER forgot what it was like to be a non-believer. In fact, quite often I still understand the things she is going through coz life circumstances are no different for a Christian than it is for a non-believer. Being a Christian doesn't protect us from moments of weaknesses, bitterness, anger, jealousy and so on. Even Jesus himself was subjected to all those negativity. The only difference is that we chose to believe in Christ as our only source of comfort, our counselor and everything. If she or any other non-believer believes that Game-Boy Advance or WarCraft is her source of comfort, that is her choice as well. God has always provided free will and choice to all mankind. I hate it when christians treat christianity as a social club or something stupid like that. Who are we to judge others and stare down at them in disdain coz they don't believe in Jesus? Without Jesus, we are just a bunch of scoundrels and weaklings destroying ourselves over and over again. We're not superior beings or whatever; I mean like, c'mon, who still believes in the Anglo-Saxon superior-race thing? Get a clue would you?? I seriously pray that I would never evolve into that kind of christian... I love my sister. Can you people pleease stop hurting her? Leave that to her lousy, inconsiderate sister who doesn't even realize it when she's hurting.

12:10 a.m. Photobucket