<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Sunday, March 07, 2004Y
First Day In Chicago

We woke up late so we ended up an hour behind schedule. May, my sister and I talked the whole four-hour ride to Chicago, which totally baffled the two guys in the front seat. Hey, girls will be girls, no? Anyways, we had lunch at this award-winning Penang restaurant in Chinatown, and the Nasi Lemak I ordered was good. Can't say the same about the others though. Hehee guess I made the right choice. Muahaha. =P Spent the rest of the day in the ...um, Feld Aquarium. I think that's what it's called, heh forgot. =P We caught the dolphin show, which reminded me of the pink dolphin Keong bought me when he was in the Singapore SeaWorld. Hehee. 0=) I love dolphins. If I have to mention some of my favorite animals (or mammals, for those who get real specific about these stuff), it'd be dolphins, penguins and koala bears. They're all so CUTE! Oh Eddy gave me a stuffed koala bear from Aussie once. That was really cute too. Overall, it was really cool, all those exotic fishes and jellyfish and somemore fishes and... fishes. Don't get me wrong, it really is an awesome place to hang out in... for at most 2 hours. I dunno how long we were there, but it definitely felt longer than that. Gosh, does that make me a shallow person? I mean, I was really psyched to go to the Aquarium, honestly! I thought those mega huge creatures in the Amazon rivers were quite impressive, and the anaconda (wow that was one heck of a snake alright), and the Dorys and Nemos everywhere...oh and seahorses! And... jellyfish, starfish... Nah maybe it was coz of my new boots. They were killing my feet nicely. Hehee thank God I got used to them later on in the trip. Practice makes perfect. We got lost on our way to the hotel even though we were using the Navigator thingy on my laptop. The hotel room was really compact. Like, it's really nice and everything? But it's small. Definitely can't sleep four people in it. But that didn't stop Firman from trying, of course. We had dinner at this really popular (which explains the haughty waiters) Chinese restaurant with Andres, another Indonesian friend and thankfully he offered us a sleeping bag and some pillows. He also kindly convinced Firman to sleep in his place instead. That totally put him into my good books. Hehee.

3:11 a.m. Photobucket