There is still compassion and kindness in this world! Our God from whom all things good come from has done it again today!
Follow my entry closely to find out why... =P
I called my mom this morning, told her everything that's been happening around here. Made me feel uber guilty for skipping this morning's class. Eeps. I know I should've gotten my butt out of the bed but it was just so nice and cool...
Anyways anyways. I really needed the reprimanding from her, lest I think I can slack off just coz things are a bit sucky right now. =PP
I was supposed to hand in my history paper int her afternoon, and while I was on the bus, I was going through my paper one last time and I realized (with UTTER horror) that I'd forgotten to underline OR italize the book references I'd made in the entire paper! I was so royally screwed... I was contemplating whether to go straight to class and plead with my Teaching Assistant (not my real professor; she gets a bit tipsy sometimes, plus I don't really wanna see those nipples up close), or whether I should go to the library and type out the whole thing again, which would make me reaally late for class but...
I chose the latter, went to the library while praying so fervently under my breath I think the people I passed by must've thought I was casting hexes on them or something. But there was not a single free computer when I got there (I expected this of coz, was just trying my luck). Resigned, I went to class...
My T.A wasn't there yet when I got there, but I was just in time to witness my professor really giving it to one of my fellow classmates. I dunno what the girl really wanted, but my professor was like, it's your attitude, you make it sound like you can give the paper to me anytime you want just coz your printer ran out of ink, and then you email me your paper instead assuming that I'd get it, but I couldn't even open your file... bla bla bla...
I was like, great. Now I'd go straight up to her and tell her about my li'l oversight and she'd just excuse me chirpily, wouldn't she? ...I guess the worst that can happen is that she'd deduct a few marks (and bite my head off for having the audacity to expect special treatment or something, although that would be hilarious, coz being an international student in the states, there's really no possible way they can accuse us getting special treatment... but anyways, back to the story), but that really really didn't sit well with me coz... it's history man. I gotta score wherever i can.
Anyways, thankfully my T.A came in early! I guess I wasn't the only one who thought our T.A was much nicer and merciful than the professor coz the moment she stepped in a few of us were like gathering around her and telling her our dillemmas. It took a while for me to get to talk to her, what with all those tall huge Caucasians blocking my access to her, but when she saw me she smiled, and I just thought it was the nicest smile ever...
Hehehee bleh. =P She actually chuckled a bit when I told her about my mistake (I guess she expected something far worse, what with my worry-stricken expression), and she was like, oh no problem, I'll just write a note about it... and I was like, "but are you gonna..." "No no, I won't penalize you for that..."
She is the nicest teaching assistant EVER. Thank God for people like her. =D