<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Monday, April 05, 2004Y
A Day With My Sis

Went out with my sister yesterday. Just a bit of sister-bonding. I know it sounds crazy; like, it's not enough that we're staying together already isit?? But it's different! ...It just is. =P I could tell she was hurting inside, for some reasons I think I know but can't do anything about. Sighz. It really irks me when other people cause my sister pain like that. Which was why I was incredibly furious at her ex-boyfriend. Why that li'l punk... Ahem. Anyways, I guess it's just a sister thing. To feel protective over her and all. I mean, granted, I'm the younger one and I'm usually the one who needs protection (bleh =P), but still. Doesn't stop me from wanting to shield her from all things bad when she's sad. We watched Scooby Doo 2 movie, which was pretty funny. It's a cheap laugh, but at this rate, any laughter is good. =PP Simple Plan has a new song out in the soundtrack. Alright~ ;) Then we went to eat at this really typical, retro American restaurant called Johnny Rocket's. It's really like Archie's Pop Tate. Any Archie aficionados here? My siblings and I used to LOVE those comic books. We'd either buy 'em or we'd borrow 'em from Novel House. Then sooner or later even the newest editions would turn into crumpled, stained fossils due to our bad habits of snacking while reading and even worse habits of leaving 'em in the bathroom after... ANYWAYS. The restaurant even give us some coins in case we wanted to choose some songs from the jukebox. They were all oldies, and I soon found out that the waiters and waitresses would always break into this cheesy, 70s dance thing whenever the song "Stayin' Alive" came on. It's kinda hilarious really; it's like, the moment the song comes on, one of the waitresses would yell on top of her lungs, and everybody would stop what they're doing, take on their positions, and start dancing. Hehee. I, for one, couldn't bear to look at them for too long. It sure looked embarassing. I feel for those mistreated employees. All they're trying to do is earn a buck or two man, what's with the humiliation torture?? *teaRs oF cOmpAsSioN* ;) Hehehee. The song "Stayin' Alive" reminded us of our dad though. There was this one time, when my dad was in one his particularly goofy moods, he just started singing the chorus of the song all of a sudden. It really wouldn't have been that funny if it weren't for the fact that he sang it totally wrong and my relatives were all around, and one of my aunties was like, what are you doing?? (she said it in Cantonese, which would sound more like, jou meh wor lei?!) Her face was hilarious man, she had that goodness-this-is-ridiculous look on it, and as usual we laughed till we almost peed in our panties. *gRin* ...Now where was I... OH yeah, after that we went to Schuler's Bookstores coz we still had some time before the next bus would come. And it was there that my love for books and my lack of moolah came into conflict. *sOb* See, the moment I stepped into the bookstore my eyes immediately landed on this new arrival book called Pledged. The contents sounded really interesting but I figured I'd stay calm and read it for a bit before getting too excited. Aw man I want that book! *pOut* But it was pretty pricey coz (1)it's a new arrival, which means it is a (2)hard-cover edition, and that's never good coz it means that I would have to wait for almost one whole year before the cheaper paperback edition would come out. *wHiNeS* ...Nevermind, I'll find some other books to read until then, I suppose... =) Or I could get it from Amazon. Hehehe. It's still hardcover, but at least it's cheaper than buying it outside. =D Currently listening to: I Promise - Stacie Orrico, Open Up the Gates - Planet Shakers

3:44 a.m. Photobucket