Just did a rough calculation for all my courses this semester, and it looks like my GPA's gonna take a plunge... *bIteS nAiLs neRvOuSly*
It's all coz of Physics. I knew this'd be a bad semester the moment I had to sign up for that course...
Bleh. =P
Y'know the frustrating thing is that right now, roughly four weeks before finals, and all these clear ideas of how I could've done better in this or that throughout the semester just keep popping up in my mindless brain. My brainless mind. Whatever.
Some people have told me to not be so hard on myself; that, afterall, this was my first semester here, it's not easy having to cope with the changes and score well in classes, yaddaX3... =/
Well...
I received the CDs I bought online at BMGMusic! Hehee been looking forward to it coz they were CDs I really, really want, and now they're here... *rubs the covers of the CDs lovingly..* And they're great! Especially the MXPX one, hehee. Keong told me about the band before, but you can never find their CDs anywhere in good ol' Malaysia, and here it is! Among my beloved CD collection! =D Could tell that Good Charlotte um, learnt a lot from MXPX too. But nevertheless, they have their merits. *gRin*
And the WOW Hits 2004 was a total steal as well at three bucks plus. Back home it's like, over 60 bucks or something. Double CD and everything. They have some pretty awesome songs~ Oh and that Dashboard Confessional album, which isn't too shabby either. I haven't like, listened to all of the songs properly yet though hehee, but I've heard a lot of good stuff about them. Plus I saw the lead singer in a Christian mag once? And he's totally hot. Hehehee. 0=)
Needless to say, I've been putting the IRiver CD player my sister bought me into good use. It's like I'm in another world when the earphones are stuffed in my ears, blocking out all those people getting in and out of the bus, shielding me from whatever the lecturer was rambling on and on about...
Hehee just kidding. I take 'em off in class la of coz. Despite being a self-proclaimed modern Asian (yeah right), some Asian values still remain deeply ingrained in me. It's like that annoying exercise song we always had to 'exercise' to every morning during primary school; you wish you could forget it but it always comes back when least expected. Asian values such as respecting the authoritative figure standing in front of the classroom, or not eat and drink in front of the teacher. Gosh that sounds like a silly rule now, doesn't it. Over here, people crunch on the Cheetos and sip their Mountain Dews in class as if they're watching TV at the comfort of their couch or something.
Oh and you know how the people here just pack up their bags and leave whenever they want during a lecture? I found that so strange at first; I was half expecting the lecturer to shout at them to get back into their seats or something. But hey, this is America I guess.
Wish I could bring myself to do that without feelings of guilt washing over me the moment I turn around and tip toe out of the classroom. Hehee. Hey I hafta catch the bus! ...Oh why do I need to explain... =P
Currently listening to: MXPX, Audio Adrenaline - Pierced, Point of Grace - Day By Day