<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Saturday, April 24, 2004Y
The (Red) Eye

I woke up this morning and realized I couldn't open my left eye. It was as if somebody had sneaked into my room at night and sown my eyelids together. Yup, time to go visit the doctor. I've been having a burning sensation in my left eye for about a week now, watering at the worst possible times and making me blink like crazy during class. But I figured that it'd be alright, I mean, it's just my eye... I know I know, like, where's your brain, Cindy?! Anyways, went to the Health Center on campus, the doctor couldn't decide what I was really having (it was either GPC or vernal conjunctivitis, apparently) so he referred me to the Lansing Opthalmology Center. Boy that was a mouthful. =P Good thing the nice secretary wrote it down for me. Turns out that center was pretty near where I stay. Well, I've heard of the street names the secretary was babbling about when she was giving me directions, so... =) Took me more than half an hour to get to the center from my apartment. By foot, of course. Then what, call Keong up to fetch me there? In my dreams maybe~ ;) Enjoyed the walk though, it was such a sunny, breezy day! Hehee *tWiRls bRaideD hAiR & sKipS aLoNg tHe pAvEmeNt* The center was really canggih and everything, but the weirdest thing was, everywhere I looked, there were only senior citizens! Like, all the patients were white haired and with their younger nurses and everything. I wonder why; young people in the states must have perfect eyes or something. Oh well. The doc was really nice, and he diagnosed me with conjunctivitis (Surprise, surprise~). Anyways, he did this really cool thing before I left; he actually dictated the whole session, like what happened, what my medical condition was, yadda3 into the phone recorder thing, and then he went 'End dictation.' Hahah! I sound like country bumpkin don't I. But it's like, Minority Report or something. Verbal record of all the patient sessions. Cool! =D Yeah so he gave me some eye drops, and I'm not allowed to wear contact lenses anymore! *sOb!* I feel less confident when wearing glasses somehow... =P Heh, oh well, it's not so bad. If I don't get any better I'd hafta go back there, apparently. I sure hope not. I mean, I dunno how much the insurance cover and everything, y'know? Plus, it IS pretty far to walk... You guys mind praying for me? =) I mean, I don't mind looking absolutely hideous with one devilishly red eye AND glasses (hehehe yeah right), but it's very uncomfortable, especially when it's sunny... Thanks guys! Muah~! =) I bought a smoothie blender! Well, basically it's like a normal blender but it has a valve that makes it easier (and so much more like the juice bars outside) to pour out. Hehee, I've been meaning to get one (..Hmm, I always say that don't I =P) coz I thought it'd be so awesome to be able to make our own smoothie mix or health drinks or whatever. And it's bound to be healthier than the gallons of Diet Vanilla Coke we consume! 0=) May's been purging all day. She thinks she has food poisoning from the pizza we ordered last night. Hmm, but my sis and I seem okay... Maybe we have stronger stomachs hehee. But she looked pretty haggled, poor thing... So near finals somemore. Come to think of it, one of my M'sian friends here had food poisoning only last week... Currently listening to: Story Of The Year - Anthem Of Our Dying Day, NFG - All Downhill From Here

6:45 a.m. Photobucket