<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Saturday, May 08, 2004Y
Cookie Monster! Miss you!

It's 3.30 in the morning and we just finished baking white-chunk raspberry cookies! =D It came out really nice, although the texture was not quite what we expected, but I love it, coz it's not too sweet, and it's made with all the stuff I like - raspberries, white choc... hehee, which was why I chose this recipe in the first place. =P Reminds me of the the times I made batches and batches of cookies with my mom and Kristy during Chinese New Year... awww didn't get to celebrate CNY this year... *waiL* Hehee anyways. My sis and I went hunting for a bike (or two, depends on the prices) this afternoon. We first went to the MSU surplus store, which was where all the second-hand bikes and the bikes impounded by the police (yeah they 'arrest' bikes without a campus license here), but it was kinda ridiculous coz some of them were missing the seat thingy for goodness' sake, even for 10 bucks, who would buy a bike without a seat (Ouch, painful mental picture *wiNce*)? Or they'd be so out of style they remind us of the ones old uncles in dirty white singlets back in my grandma's old village used to ride to the market and stuff. Then we went to this bike shop... somewhere. Still not too familiar with the directions here, but I know the bus routes. =P Hehee, doesn't really make sense does it.. Anyways, the moment we went inside, this guy came over and asked if he could help us with anything, so we were like, oh we're just looking for a bike to ride around campus and stuff, so he showed us this row of gleaming mountain bikes, and the cheapest one was 220 bucks. We acted cool and all? But the moment he said that was the cheapest one, my brain was like screaming, no friggin' way. What in the world made him think that a couple of college students would be able to pay THAT for a bike? Boy, if we had that kinda money at our disposal, we won't even be buying a bike in the first place. But I guess it's easy to fall into the misconception that international students are rich, because there ARE a lot of them who are crazy rich (they drive CRVs and BMWs here ok); we're just not one of them. =P We saw some reasonably priced bikes in Meijers just now though, when we were there to get the cookie stuff and everything. I even bought some art supplies; just for kicks. =) I have a lot of time in my hands right now, so I've been messing about, but I totally forgot to bring at least HALF of all my art stuff back home, and I guess my desperation and regret really showed coz my sis practically begged me to buy 'em, hehee. Probably got sick of my constant moaning and groaning. 0=) Good ol' Meijers; it's like Ipoh; it's not glamorous or anything, but it has everything you need. ;) Currently listening to: United Live - More than life (I like track no. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8...11,12...)

3:29 p.m. Photobucket