<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Thursday, May 20, 2004Y
Meeting at Green House

I attended the Green House meeting in church last night; a really nice girl called Suzie came to pick me up. Turned out she stayed pretty near our place, which was awesome. She even offered me rides in the future, like, if I ever need to go anywhere... hehee, but of course, I won't misuse this nice offer. =) In case you're wondering, Green House is the college students cum young adults ministry in church; basically there's worship, mingling, some informal preaching, occasional guest speakers... it's pretty nice. But what really blew me away was the room they meet in! It was like, lit with aromatherapy candles, so it's kinda dim but sweet-smelling, and there were some Japanese blinders stuff, and several really comfortable sofas surrounding the podium thing, the band area, and a huge wooden cross at the side with a small kneeling area. It was really simple, but it feels so cosy and relaxing. Some of the people I met (who were first-timers as well) were pretty impressed. I felt quite intimidated initially, before we got into the room we were all hanging outside, just talking and eating those cookies and stuff. At one point, I realized I was the only one not talking to anybody (!!! Panic Alert !!!), but then later on a girl called Jamie came over and chatted with me, and she introduced me to her group of guy friends, so it was better. =) I dunno if it's me, my recent lack of social life (thus the rusty communication skills), or just the earwax, but at times I found it hard to listen to what the guys were saying. I couldn't catch what they were saying! Not like, oh they're speaking so fast in another accent so I can't hear 'em, but like, literally, it's muffled! ...Maybe it's coz all the guys were over six feet tall. I am not kidding. They were comparing their heights at one point, and this funny guy Bill? He's actually 6'1, but standing next to the two crazy tall brothers (who happen to be 6'5), Bill actually looked pretty normal. Weird huh. Anyways, I'm blaming the height problem thing for my hard of hearing. I mean, it's like a totally different altitude or something innit; their sound waves probably passed right over my head or something. Hehee. But I liked the whole thing. Definitely hope to go back... oh and Daron, the director of the ministry, he remembered me! Hehee. *bEam* I'm feeling slightly crappy coz I missed the bus and subsequently missed Keong on MSN. Usually that wouldn't be so bad, if it weren't for the fact that it was my friend who made me miss the bus! Grrr... had he not spotted me and decided to show me his brand new camera (dude, see my expression? translation: NOT INTERESTED) while I was power-walking towards the bus stop, I would've caught it. I actually saw it pass right by me while I was only about 8 feet from the bus stop. Sighz... oh well. Currently listening to: Avril - Don't tell me, Britney Spears - Everytime

3:09 a.m. Photobucket