Yay summer classes start tomorrow!
Not that I wasn't enjoying my semester break, but it can get a tad bit dreary at times... =) Anyhow, I think my cooking skills has improved much due to this break hehee, coz I've been cooking for my sis and I the whole week; I even made some oven-baked chicken last night! Which was really good, mind you - even though the smoke detector did go off for a while, but hey, as long as the food's fine, no? *gRin*
The problem is, we couldn't switch off the smoke detector completely, so it kinda beeped every minute till we came back from the Van Helsing movie. But in the end my sis kinda made it stop, so it was all good.
Oh yeah, Van Helsing. Liked Kate and Hugh's outfit, and that werewolf guy (Kate's brother) was pretty good-looking - and their translyvannian accents! Talk about the rolling of tongues... The movie was alright, scared me quite a bit during some scenes though. =P
After the movie, my sis's friend, Aaron (from Inti Nilai) suggested that we go to this gambling place an hour away (it's in another town), and we were like what the heck, we had our afternoon nap(SSsSSs) anyway, but turned out his friend bailed coz it was too late.
Y'know, I'd always liked to cook and bake and stuff. It's like a stress-relieving therapy or something; and there's such a sense of achievement in the end. Maybe I should've joined a culinary school instead. Hehee; there's this one called CIA (Culinary Institute of America or something), and they get to learn all sorts of cool tricks. But I heard that the tuition fees are way expensive even for the local Americans so... oh well, I'm just as happy being a dainty li'l housewife with a cute apron (preferably with heart patterns!) and wooden spatula in her hand, a veggie stew bubbling behind and a stuffed turkey broiling in the oven... hahah yeah right. =P
Currently listening to: United Live - More than life
Currently reading: J.R.R Tolken - The Hobbit
Currently feeling: sLiGhtlY homesick =P