<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Monday, June 07, 2004Y
Big Fish, Small Fish

Big fish in small pond, or small fish in big ocean? Back home, I was almost like the gift of the gap (hey I said almost! =P), teachers praise me and gush about how much they like my work; one even suggested that I try publishing my articles (in local newspapers I mean). English was my salvation academically. It made my report cards look better, made me feel less horrible about myself, made my overall grade scores at least comparable to other more diligent students. English was my passport to another world. A world where Kimia or Fizik had no place at all; where pixies come out to play and animals have supernatural powers. It provided me a way to escape from the social pressure to have many friends; somehow it was always safer to hide behind a book than to join in the boisterous cliques around you. (Until I met you guys, of coz =P But that's a different story altogether) In fact, I met one of my best friends through the shared love (and appreciation) for books. Can almost see the scene again - both shy heads buried in Sweet Valley books in the midst of an unsupervised classroom filled with yakking girls, stealing glances at each other's book covers... aHhh, the bittersweet feeling of nostalgia... English is my ticket to a better future. Now, where I am, I'm no longer on top of the game; here, I'm -quoting my professor - "on the right track overall, so don't look so nervous *pats shoulder in reassurance*". So. Big fish in comfortable, small pond, or small fish in vibrant, big ocean? I went through a time when I would gladly pass over the chance to try tackling the ocean waters, but now I think I would like to be choke on some seawater and ride the waves a little. Because the worst thing that could happen to a person is not trials and tribulations; it's stagnation in life, when things becomes routine and mundane, and no changes in sight.

3:51 a.m. Photobucket