<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Sunday, June 13, 2004Y
Closeth To Thee

Whoever started the thoughtless myth that long-distance relationship won't last must have lived in the era of the Bloody Mary of Tudor. It's almost like a social mantra, whenever conversations happen to touch on the subject, you can bet that at least one of the people present would recite the casual curse - 'it won't last.' I think couples like Keong and I, or my bro and his China chick (ok ok, Melody! =P), or... whoever, have got it made in this time and age. God has blessed us with so much; He must really want relationships to work, big time! =D We get to call each other at pretty reasonable rates (my, that's rather stretching it, but it's a matter of perspective I suppose =P), we can send digital photos to each other, write to each other on a regular basis (only if we feel like it, of coz *wiNk*), we can even talk and see each other online anytime that's convenient! Gone are the days when lovers pine for each other's hand-written, tear-stained letters for weeks and weeks, and a picture or two once a year. Now, we can see each other cry online, what the hell. =P Hehee, it's kinda weird, but I think you get used to the webcam as you go along. I know I did. I used to get all weirded out if people ask me to smile at the camera, can you believe it? People used to tell me I look so serious through the webcam, almost angry, which just encourages me coz I don't get many chances to look angry and intimidate people. *gRin* Peter and Angie, they're a pretty inspiring couple. =) The last few months I was home, I got to know them just a little bit better, and they always leave me amazed. They've been married for more than ten years now, and they seem more in love than ever! Always the cheerful couple, always the ones smiling... seriously, they light up the rooms they are in, everytime. I'm really thankful that I got to know them before I left; they even came for my parties! And they gave me this really sweet framed photo of me and Keong taken in their 10th wedding anniversary... =) I'm sure they have their own share of problems, and I think they had to endure a few years of the dreaded long-distance relationship too, when Angie had to leave for her further studies in Australia... and apparently Peter never cried a tear. Hehee, dunno how true that was, but for those who needed to believe that these stuff work (like a certain [blank] named [blank] [blank], for example), that is the best example I can give... for now. *wiNk* If you're wondering what (or who) caused this self-debate on long-distance relationships, nothing did. I just felt like talking bout it hehee. Ahh, my blog. Never stops me from saying what I wanna. =P

12:45 p.m. Photobucket