<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Friday, June 18, 2004Y
My Perfect Shopping Mate

Found out my grandaunt passed away last Monday after reading my second cousin's blog. How come nobody informed us?!? My parents are still in Beijing, so I suppose they'll be missing the funeral, which is... right now I think. =S I wasn't very close to her, and the thought of going to her house in Canning Garden always paralyse me with fear coz of her dogs. They never stop barking! But I'm quite sure my grandma's devastated; she's the eldest, and to have her younger sister die before her... *siGhz* Wonder how the family and relatives are doing... On a lighter note, we went shopping today. =) Well, at Bath & Body Works mostly, coz they're having a semi-annual sale and everything is dirt cheap. Whenever we step into the lovely-scented shops, it's like a smelling amusement park; so many nice smells and dainty products, it's enough to make one dizzy! And it did, a couple of times, after I sprayed too many different types of body mists on every possible part of my arm. =P We bought quite a lot, but we rest easier at the thought that most of the stuff are for people back home. Hehee. Just an odd bottle of shower gel or two are for ourselves. And shampoo. And shimmering cream cleansers... The whole shop was on sale!! =P Anyone who has ever gone shopping with me would know that I can be rather... how do I put it, indecisive, sometimes? Hehee. A typical shopping experience with me will be similar to this: Cinny: [grabs hold of desired object] Aw man this is SO what I was looking for! You : Then get it la. Cinny: But... [fiddles with object], what if I don't really need it...? You : Then don't buy lor. [taps sandals on floor] Cinny: ...Yeah... [determined look on face] Dowan lah! Waste money only... You : Ok. So where do you wanna go eat... what! [turns back to find Cinny still gazing at object] Cinny: Huh..? Oh ok ok, going going... [picks up object again] Do you think it's worth the price? You : [groans] Heh something like that. =P And it annoys the earwax outta my sister. I have no idea why. 0=) Yes, I believe I do have a point. The realization has hit me a couple of times really, and that is - Keong is the perfect shopping companion for me. *bEam* He never gets impatient while I stare at the books I want for about half an eternity, he doesn't get annoyed when I plead with him to walk back to the store at the other end of the mall just so I could 'evaluate' the things that have caught my fancy (and end up not buying =P), and he never encourages me to buy something just to get me off his back (unlike some people *gRin* Not that it's bad or anything...). But I have saved the best for last. One of the prime reasons Keong is my shopping soul mate is coz he boldly goes where no man has gone before - Maggie T. Hehee, I'm serious! While other boyfriends would start to shrink away or abruptly announce that they had to use the bathroom, my darling has no problems strutting into ultra-girly shops like Teddy Tales and whatnot. He's awesome, I know. *gRin* Bleh. =P My boyfriend what, cannot ah. I remember once, I think we were in KL Plaza (...or Lot Ten =S), and I was looking at some sandals in Nose, and glancing around, I realized that all the men in the store were sprawled on the couches looking bored and checking their watches while the women go from shoe to shoe. And here I was, discussing my shoe options with my darling's hand clutched to mine! Hehee, aWw... yep, missing him tons and tons. Yean Yik had bought me the Switchfoot album for my birthday present (hehee I'd requested for that really =P She pretty much forced me to tell her what to buy, for real!!) but I haven't really listened to it (well we did listen to it on the way to OBS) until today coz Keong told me he really enjoyed the album so. Hehee. And it was pretty awesome. At first the songs sounded kinda like it's gonne be an acquired taste? But it's not, the lyrics were so profound man. Like, totally relevant to my life and everything, hehee. No questions about it - Switchfoot rox. OooHh and Kutless too~! Thanks dear! =) Omigosh I just heard a fantastic testimony but this entry is getting a bit too long so I'm gonna have to write about it the next time.

11:18 a.m. Photobucket