Guess nobody realized I wasn't around to update my blog coz I was in C-H-I-C-A-G-O~! Hehee yup, during the weekend.
Left at 5 in the morning coz we had to pick up May's cousin, who happened to be in a city nearby. She's quiet and nice throughout the trip; she voluntarily slept on the sofa so that us three cows could sleep on the king size bed. =P Although come to think of it, all of us offered to crash on the sofa.
I feel so blessed, really. I've been in the states for less than a year and I've already been to Chicago twice, AND to Las Vegas with friends. Some Americans I know (like Susie) have never even set foot in Vegas, y'know? I hope I never take this priviledges for granted. Ever.
Chicago was just as I remembered, only minus the blistering cold. It's summer, baby! Out with the bulky jackets, in with the skirts! Went to the IKEA in the outskirts of Chicago, which nearly knocked me out with memories of being with Keong. We used to go to IKEA together, checking out furnitures for our future home... Hehee just playing. But we did go there quite a few times coz Keong was looking for a bed frame, AND I remember hanging with his whole family in IKEA when they came down to KL. Man, that was wicked. His dad treated me lunch. 0=) Oh oh! And he bought me that cute heart-shaped ice tray thing... I think. That part is kinda fuzzy. Did he, dear? And IKEA's always freezing so it just makes sense to snuggle up to something (or someone, hehee) warm...
So I did what anyone would've done given my situation - I called that warm someone! Hehee~ Can't wait to see you honey!
Went to this Japanese buffet restaurant called Todai after that. It's super popular, judging from all the Asian patrons (and quite a number of cute Japs =P), and the food was just
crazy. Continuous trays of Unagi, teriyaki salmon, veggie tempuras... GREEN TEA ICE CREAM! Omigosh. And it's the authentic kind, mind you~! Everybody found stuff they loved best, and man, even the fruits were real fresh and sweet. MmmMMmm... My sis was like, flipping out on the ice cream or something. She had about 6-7 cups ok! But granted, the cups were pretty tiny... =P
Ok ok, enough of that. *wiPeS dRoOl fRom cHin* We took a 90 minute boat ride on the... forgot the name of the river. But it's real nice coz we could see impressive tall buildings on both sides of the river. It's like, never-ending. Then we managed to get to Lake Michigan somehow. I didn't really pay too much attention to the narrator. The nice breeze was turning chilly as went on, and I was wearing a short skirt, so forgive me if my attention was somewhat frayed.
It was the same boat ride Julia Roberts and that guy in My Best Friend's Wedding took! Remember, they danced on the deck, and she had one chance to confess everything, then they passed by a bridge and the moment was gone... Man I am such a sucker for these type of underdog stories.
We got to see fireworks on the Navy Pier at night! It was really, really beautiful. There were some fireworks that burst into pink heart shapes! Awww... couldn't help but wish me darling was here, but hey, c'est la vie~. All part of me Lord's plan, babe. Plus, I had my sister with me, so it's not so shabby. *bEam*
Went shopping down Michigan Avenue today. Disney Store was having a huge sale! I had been eyeing the Sulley and Mike soft toy for ages; they're so cute together, and just the right size to cuddle! And big, furry monsters remind me of... ok ok I'll shut it already. =P Hehee, and I saw li'l Squirt (baby turtle from Finding Nemo) and that pink li'l Squid! But they were still kinda expensive after the sale... *pOut*
Then my sis popped up next to me and handed me a Disney Store plastic bag!! GAaaAaaahHhH! She bought me the monster!! =D Hehee is she the best sister or what?!!? She was like, now don't ever say nobody'll buy you soft toys in U.S. Heh. Explanation: I whined the other day (and a few other days...) that there's nobody in U.S who'll buy me stuff like soft toys. Keong alwiz... *mAKes ziPping mOvemEnt*
Thanks che~! I
knew you love me. =P Hehee. Even if I mess up the room real bad? 0=) Ok that's pushing it huh.