<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Tuesday, June 15, 2004Y
A World Of Difference

I wrote an obituary for a gay police officer today. He had a great love for motorcycles, and died while riding a motorcycle with friends. Talk about the irony of things. He was born a Catholic, but met the man of his life, Seth Bernaiche, at the Resurrection Life Center. Funny how most gays come from Catholic backgrounds. Maybe the religious atmosphere was... conducive... Whoop, better stop before I say something that could get me sued for libel. Did you know that Michigan is one of the fattest states in the whole of America? To rub salt and lard to the injury, the Americans are the fattest nation in the world! ...That's a scary thought. I mean, yeah we're not native Michiganders or anything, but what if it's the water or something?? Something in it that slows down the metabolism rates drastically, or degenerates muscle-building cells and creates an encouraging environment for fat cells?!? *eEps!* Sorry, imagination taking over big time, as usual... But it's true though. Some of the people here are honestly fat. Not chubby, not plump... but fat. *wiNce* Especially when I take the bus downtown; it's like a totally different crowd in the bus compared to the crowd I see in the bus I take to classes. When I go downtown, the people in the bus look scruffy, with dirt-smudged caps over their stringy hair, waist pouches or huge plastic bags hung on every possible part of their bodies... and the smell. Oh gosh, I'm not being judgmental here, perhaps it's the bus driver's fault, but sometimes it actually stinks of urine, and I just hope to goodness that it's not coming from my seat. Yeah, the bus ride to downtown Lansing can be a little depressing. Oh there're a few well-dressed university students who look awkward and misplaced in there, but at times I wonder if I'm all that different from them. I mean, I'm taking the bus too, innit? I'm not whizzing past them in a Honda convertible with Gucci sunglasses or anything. On the other hand, the bus I take to campus is faithfully clean and odorless, which gives them my roommies' permanent stamp of approval, naturally. We like to call Bus No. 25 our very own Mercedes with a personal chauffeur, hehee, a bit childish I know, but a little imagination never hurt anyone. Ever watched A Little Princess? ;) The bus isn't that crowded most of the time (especially since it's summer now), and sometimes if we're lucky enough we'd have the whole bus to ourselves. How cool is that? Not even a Benz could compare with the size of bus! =P Even the people who take bus 25 are different. I take it almost everyday, and it's usually the same sorta people - middle-aged Chinese men with backpacks, who I figured must be some researchers or professors on campus; queer international students like me *beAm*, the occasional sorority girls clad in pink and clangy jewelry dangling everywhere and rowdy fraternity boys with their caps worn backwards and voluntarily enlighten the whole bus with their latest stunts or parties... Coz the bus goes through this street where most of the frat and sorority houses are at. And instead of urine smell, we get free perfume whenever one of those impeccably-dressed girls step into the ride. Oh btw, Kevin Barlow is a fictional character. It was one of the obituary exercises our professor gave us, hehee. =P Currently listening to: New Found Glory - Catalyst ...anybody kind enough to spare me some money to buy Avril's new album? =P Darn it.

6:43 a.m. Photobucket