Got to talk to Su and Yean Yik yesterday! Hehee first time I
ever saw YY online; too bad they didn't have webcams, but still! Talked to Stef briefly before that but she left before the 'big reunion'... =(
Talking to them reminds me why I miss everything back home so much... what my mom said is true I suppose. The friends you meet back in high school is different from the ones you meet in college or at your workplace; the high school pals are usually the ones who last, who are the most sincere... hMmm. But some of my college friends are pretty cOol, I dunno... ;)
Went to the animal shelter in the evening. There were cats, kittens, dogs, hamsters, rabbies, this huge guinea pig that reminded me of Dr. Dolittle... =P The cats were all so pretty! They have the most piercing eyes, no doubt about it, and the kittens just love to play! There was one that I played with, she kinda toppled over herself while chasing after my finger, hahah! So cute oh... My sis and I noticed this really enormous gray cat called Ruthie, sitting forlornly inside her cage, and after reading some of her info we realized that she'd been allowed to eat till she became dangerously overweight in her last bad home. That's just wrong! My heart totally went out to her; she's better now, but still rather overweight... =( And the fact that she looked so miserable doesn't help one bit...
We'd gone there talking about playing with puppies and stuff, but there weren't any. There were several dogs, and they kept barking non-stop whenever people are walking around the shelter. I guess they're trying to catch our attention. We could take any one of them out and play with them for a bit as long as we put a leash on them, and in the end we chose a Jack Russell Terrier called Josie. She's one of the cutest things ever! her eyes were so round and
huge ok... *bLinK2* She seemed so excited to be out, but the other dogs started barking at her real bad (she's the smallest dog in there), so we took her inside a ...visiting room thing. Sighz... me like her. *pOut* When we finally put her back into the cage, she actually escaped and was running around til my sis caught her, and Firman locked my sis in with her! Well, just the usual round of pranks I guess.
There was a German Sheperd mix called Joker, and he responds to his name! We kinda played with him; everytime he walks back into his 'lair', we call his name and he'll come running out again! Hehee, so bad hor, but he didn't seem to mind. =P
Kor ah... since you have so much time (and $$$) right now, why not adopt a dog or something? 0=) It'd be so fun! Then you can forget about the PS2 or whatever; just bring Passion (the golden retriever or J.R terrier you're gonna get, heheheee =P) wherever you go; Penang, Ipoh... =D Just don't let her poo in the car. That would be awful. Hm, I dunno which one I would cherish more - Altis, or Passion... ;)
I wish I could adopt Josie and Ruthie.
Oh dear I saw a Siberian Husky! He/She is
gorgeous! But we couldn't get into that room coz it's staff only. Saw this huge colie there too; reminded me of the crazy, stinky one my landlady in Subang had in her backyard. Never failed to wake me up at 6.30 in the morning with her lovely barking.