<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Saturday, July 24, 2004Y
Door Signs

Sometimes I walk down the corridor in my apartment building, my shuffling footsteps on the carpeted floor, my fingers grazing mindlessly across the walls as I passed by (I wonder if that's annoying to others...), and random questions would start forming in my head. Who are these people who live so near me? Is there a war veteran somewhere behind these doors, ranting about his glory days, how he managed to grab a willowy Vietnamese wife, how she used to whimper and shiver uncontrollably at the sound of his belt unbuckling before she finally took off with a truck driver from out of town?   Or maybe one of these apartments is Johnny Depp's secret hideout place, a safe haven away from all the crazy publicity and destructive fame. The interior would be clean and simple: comfortable black futon, a few guitars delicately perched in the corner, soundproof with egg-holder-cardboard stuff (he's known to be a bit eccentric, innit?), the walls filled with rows and rows of books... Heck, he could be strumming on his favorite guitar, sitting cross-legged on his futon, right this minute! Gosh, that would be so exciting...!   ...Back to reality, things are probably less interesting. I could bet that in this whole apartment building, almost half of the residents are university students. I've already recognized some of them from campus.   Wouldn't it be great if every door has a description of the residents behind it? Just like in animal adoption centers and everything, y'know: Hi! My name is Josie and I'm a Jack Russell Terrier. I'm very friendly and partially trained. I respond to sit, Brad Pitt and stand. I was given up because I couldn't get it out of my system that the coffee table was not a shag mate.   Something like that.   Come to think of it, that would be so cool! Then I won't have to wonder anymore; all I hafta do is read the signs! Very useful for a kay po like me. =p   I know what our door sign will read: Hi! We're three Chinese girls from Malaysia. We're very friendly (except during certain periods of the month) and we usually warm up to soft toys and flowers. And expensive video games. And no, we do not offer kinky Asian sex. Please step off before one of our boots get stuck in your anus.   =)  

8:04 a.m. Photobucket