<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Thursday, July 01, 2004Y
Our Decadence

I've been watching so much MTV lately I think I'm gonna spew MTV commercials outta my ears. They did have some pretty interesting things, but after a while I think the novelty is running thin. Sure, they have a lot of new programs that back home I can only watch like, a century later, but in the end, they just seem to be highlighting the decadence of our generation, and it's kinda sad. Like the way they curse just to get laughs. Like, what the hell? Wasn't there a time when people only curse when they're angry? Both excuses are lame, of coz, but at least people used to treat foul words and curses with a certain degree of caution. Then there's this thing about hooking up just about anybody your horny eyes lay upon. I was watching The Real World once, and the girls were discussing about hooking up and how they define cheating. And they actually agreed that if you had no feelings during the hook-up (translation: casual sex), if you just wanted to 'have some fun', then it's not cheating on your partner. But if it involves feelings, then it's cheating. No kidding. I thought when you're committed to a person, you're committed to them body, mind and soul. So now it's just the mind? I sure didn't get that memo. And this one I really find particularly fascinating. You do not have to be responsible for anything you did while you were drunk. You can do whatever you bleeding heart desires, and before others can reprimand or criticize you for your deplorable acts, you hold up the all-access pass - I was drunk. Then you can almost hear the collective 'oOOhh...' from the others, almost as if it's a universal understanding, a plausible excuse. How convenient. So next time you feel like pulling a Courtney Love or whatever, just get drunk. Oh and make a huge, exaggerated show outta drinking like a fish, to make it look less obvious, y'know? Evidential proof and stuff.

10:14 p.m. Photobucket