My professor towered over me, her head shaking in angry disappointment, her words curt and short. Somehow I had managed to miss a whole week of classes; I felt guilty and confused. What could I say? I tried to explain myself but she waved away my feeble answers aside.
She said I would have to repeat this course. My heart dropped to the soles of my feet. This is not happening, every part of my body was screaming. I have to make her understand; I'm a good kid.
She calmed down a bit; maybe I was getting through to her. Her tensed face eased up a little - but not for long. In half a second, her anger caught up with her and she yelled, "You almost had me there, didn't you?!" The class broke for a break; people were filling outta the class. My vision meshed into an incomprehensible canvas of blurry objects...
I need to look for my friends, I thought in desperation as I made my way out into the corridor. Su, Stef, YY, whoever; they usually hang out in the field outside. Racing down the stairs, I stumbled upon a group of acquintances; reluctantly I stayed for polite conversation. Where are my friends... I spotted Eddy at the stairway. He was back! I gave him a weak smile, my insides still churning with a sense of impending doom...
"BrRrrIiNnnnNGgg!!" My alarm clock rang right beside my ear. With my heart still pounding, my mind still figuring out a way out of the mess, I realized it was only a dream.
GAWD it felt real.