<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Tuesday, September 21, 2004Y
Buta-buta Kena Marah

He was calling up his mate in Aussie, whom he promised to buy pirated PC softwares for, thumbing through the fake CD cases and looking increasingly impatient. "Eh you talk properly can or not, I'm calling all the way from Ipoh with my handphone, damn expensive ok," he spat into the receiver, his face screwing up in disgust. I trailed meekly behind him, glancing around the shop to make sure no one would mistake me as his friend. Hehee. =P "What is this, it's me la, stupid bastard," his voice raised a notch. "They have Microsoft Building...(lists out all the software titles), which one you wanted?" A tensed silence followed. Subconsciously I took a few steps backward; he did not look pleased. I wondered what his friend was saying. "OI stupid! I'm doing you a favor here la ok, stop fooling around. I'm not kidding," he growled dangerously, his face void of humor. Another bout of uncomfortable silence ensued. The shop salespeople were starting to stare. I raised my eyebrows at him - what's going on? - and started tracing my fingers along the smooth squeaky CD cases (I was getting restless =p), there was a sharp change of expression on his face. Is he... embarrassed?? "Oh, sorry sorry, wrong number," he stammered quickly before clicking the call off. Stunned silence. I could hardly believe my ears as he tried to explain that he'd forgotten to dial the international code and gotten someone in Penang (or somewhere, forgot hehee), who was apparently sleeping when he got the call, and could only grunt and 'huh' for the first 10 minutes he got scolded by a total stranger. I could tell Eddy was in shock, chuckling uncertainly and scratching his head, trying to maintain his cool. But I burst out laughing the second he apologized to the 'stupid bastard'. Hahahah!! *gRin* I promised Eddy I'd buy the copyrights to this true story and publicize it in my blog, so after... about one and a half months, here it is. *bEam* And so, moral of the story is? Never start a phone conversation with 'oi bugger' or any other ambigious names; you never know who you're talking to. Real, identifiable names work best, really. Hehehee. 0=) *Nothing but Eddy's pride and face was (slightly only la ya =D) damaged in the writing process of this story.

11:14 a.m. Photobucket