<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Saturday, September 18, 2004Y
Former Sex Expert

For the gazillionth time, I am swearing off women's magazines. Cosmo, Glamour, whatever. I always fall for the glossy, scented pages, the humorous feature-writing, the intriguing topics sprawled all over the front page - 'Questions All Guys Can't Stand', 'Exotic Sex Secrets' (hey it's informative! I learnt a couple of new foreign words...*gRin*), 'Decode His V-Day Gift' (totally senseless btw; it's articles like these that make me think it's so easy to do mag-writing), 'The Moan Zone Men Ignore Most' (Hehee it rhymes, geddit? )(Oh and it's the nipples, for the more curious ones *wiNk*) - I've had enough of their sweeping statements about relationships and very general psychoanalysis of men, their actions, what they mean, what they don't mean, etc etc. And here are some examples that have stuck to my unwilling mind... 1. The first kiss means everything. And they mean everything. 2. Men will open up more when you ask them ambigious, 'open-ended' questions like "who's your favorite member and why?". Go figure. 3. According to a guy quiz, Keong is a Siberian Husky who's into adventurous stuff. Might not be totally off the mark here though; he did like the idea. =P 4. The third example isn't really relevant but... oh well. Makes this list longer. And sometimes they just end up messing up my mind. The way they write, it's like the whole universe experience things the same way, view and do stuff the same way, and it's bloody annoying. Isn't it enough that we sometimes feel peer pressure to do certain things? Now we gotta conform to the whole friggin' world? Heh it's not that serious la ya. I do have some control over my thoughts and emotions. I guess the fact that the attention-grabbing topics seldom lead to the interesting articles that I (foolishly) expect every time bugs me more. I really should wise up by now. Hehee but these magazines are not entirely useless, really. They were the reason I was hailed as the 'sex expert' among my classmates. FYI, I wasn't necessarily too thrilled about the title. In fact, I was rather uncertain, but amused as well. Hehee. Still remember the girly talks in between classes - a group of girls would be huddled together and the most outrageous questions would pop up, ('Is a boner 90 degrees or... *stage whisper* 180 degrees? *loud burst of embarassed giggles*) and then the expectant silence as all their eager faces turn to me... Ah the pressure. What if these girls have a lousy sex life coz of me? =P Frankly, I have no idea how I got the title; I merely answered their (rather obscene) questions the best I could based on what I've learnt from... the media. Books, mags, movies, Discovery Channel... =P Not the best place to learn, I'd be the first one to admit, but there it is. I was never really tempted to try out those things though, for some reason. In fact, I remember a time when french-kissing absolutely repulsed me. Bleh. 0=) Maybe it was Jesus protecting me. Hehee. Thank God for Jesus. ;) Oh oh speaking of Jesus! Today when I was on campus, there were a few people holding huge signboards with 'Follow Jesus or Perish' and 'Be a Friend to the World is to be an Enemy of God' walking around passing leaflets. Pretty radical quotes, innit? It almost sounded like they were threatening people into believing in Christ... Not really my approach in this matter, but I suppose they know what they're doing. At one point the lady started yelling real loud about the bible and everything, and this guy came up to her and told her she has no right to do this, it's in the First Amendment, bla... but she kept going. Only in America, ya. Only in America.

9:00 a.m. Photobucket