<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Sunday, September 26, 2004Y
Patience Is A Virtue

I spent four hours peeling and gutting dried ikan bilis on a Friday night, watching Disney Channel, Whose Line Isit... I'm pretty sure that my parents didn't mean this when they gave me a pepper spray and a headful of 'street-wise' advices. Hey it's a thankless job, but somebody's gotta do it. I was so happy when I finished the last tiny piece of ikan bilis. It was only then did I realize that my fingers were sore, and my left thumb nail had become partially detached from the skin. Ouch. There's a certain sense of accomplishment and satisfaction in sticking it throughout something you started. Heh. Yes, talented writer/thinker? as I am, I have managed to turn gutting ikan bilis into a profound and meaningful experience. *wiNk* Like this afternoon as well. I walked hom from campus, which took slightly more than half an hour. If you guys happen to recall, I'd done the same feat once during a rather stormy summer night after a particularly boring council meeting, except this time, I did it willingly. It was a nice day out, chilly winds blowing and moving clouds. =) Colorful dried leaves were strewn all over the grass and pavements, and it was kinda fun making crispy crunching sounds as I stepped over the leaves. Hehee. Sometimes taking a walk outside and really watch the changing of seasons feels like a soothing, private, kinda conversation with God. Although some might say it's not quite an orthodox way, but really, what's completely orthodox in the world nowadays? Besides the traditional sleaziness that simply must be present in the U.S presidential elections, I mean. =P Oh oh! And the reason I was on campus on a Saturday morning was because I was attending a real editorial meeting. For Red Cedar Log. The largest yearbook in the nation (I love saying that =P). They hired me as a journalist! *sQueaLs wiTh deLiGht* And to think I almost missed the interview... thank you, Lord! For everything! =D Hehee, so now I'm a bona fide (...sorta), nosy, impoverished journalist! The reason I say impoverished is coz journalists are usually a bunch of self-righteous, politically-active, pen-is-mightier-than-a-sword, headstrong people who couldn't care less if they have to live off TV meals and cheap takeout food, as long as they get to 'inform the public' and 'make sure that the public is well-represented in all areas of society'. Not really my cup of green tea. Just as well, since it's a universally (unfortunate) truth that journalists are terribly paid. I don't really have much intention to be a reporter in the future; I rather like the idea of working in the management side of it though. Or teach. Or... Oh well. Who knows. Birds get enough food and flowers get pretty enough clothes; why should we worry about tomorrow? Hahah, that's a pretty lousy summary of Matthew 6 but it'll do in this case. =) Anyways anyways. Back to my high-flying career that is finally starting. Heh. ;) We generally don't get paid a whole lot, juz allowances at times, and we get paid for every story we wrote that got published. But I'm pretty excited coz it's an awesome experience, and a great opportunity to build up my portfolio and clips for future... stuff. Plus, I get to see the inner workings of the editorial and publishing fields. I mean, yeah I was the Creative Director or whatever in the Editorial Board of Inti, but all I learnt from that was editor-in-chiefs could be real scumbags too. =P I hope he's not reading this.

6:50 a.m. Photobucket