<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Monday, October 04, 2004Y
An Ounce of Concentration, please

I was just staring at my new Nalgene open-mouthed, pretty pink bottle (hehee it's really cool! It won't break even after you fill it full and drop it from the 18th floor! ...ya), and I realized that an ounce is not really as small an amount as I thought. I mean, some of the most overused exaggerations have to be about ounces. Like, 'I didn't even drink an ounce of water the whole day' (hence the bad breath, one might mutter under one's [clean] breath =P), or 'She didn't even shed an ounce of tear', etc. Because of that, I always had the impression that an ounce is no more than a mere tear drop, or the spit that Uncle Cinapek always manage to spray onto the side doors of dad's car. But it's not. It's actually a pretty substantial amount; more like... a mouthful of water, or a ladleful of dripping gula melaka syrup before the cendol guy flicks it into a bowl of milky goodness... Right. *reluctantly takes notice of the Greek myth text on the desk* Back to Troy it is...

4:47 a.m. Photobucket