Whatever that's going on in my life, be it some major depressing experiences or happy thank-God-I'm-alive incidents (but mostly during those miserable moments), I always tell myself that I'm accumulating life experiences, so I could relate to more people and be a better writer. I mean, how's one supposed to write about heartbreaks and extremely irritating weather (gRrr) if one has never had faced rejections or plowed through five inches of snow while the winds kept the snow stuck on your frozen face?
But tonight, I say screw that. Some experiences just get plain old and frustrating after the first couple of hundred times. Like missing the bus at night after working for four brain-numbing hours in a blasted dormitory because the next shift came in late. Some people have buses to catch. Buses that take an interval of 40 minutes to come and 20 minutes to reach home.
I wouldn't even be this frustrated if it weren't coz I have two mid terms tomorrow. Two particularly difficult mid terms. And of coz the fact that I see the bus moving past just as I was about to step out of the building.
ARRRGGGGHHHHhhh!!! The wasted minutes of
my life. I thought I was gonna spontaneously combust right there and then. Sure felt like it.
Instead I just stormed into the restroom, sat down in one of the cubicles and cried to God. Somehow missing the bus makes me feel like I've fallen out of favor. Call me crazy but it's just something I've been thinking about lately.
Ironically, the snow calmed me down a little. There's something about snow at night; they glisten. Especially under yellow streetlights. The hovering snow in the air looks like the glitter powder I always use, and every step you grind unto the snow, the thick layers of snow just shimmer.
Maybe God likes glitter too.