Everytime we walk back from the bus stop, we hafta go through this short stretch of dirt path. We don't have to, not really, but it's the shortest route to the apartment.
When it was clearly winter, the snow would pile up to our knees at that area, but I still use that path. It's kinda fun to watch half of my feet disappear into the snow and come back up all stuck with white flakes.
Granted, it wets the apartment carpet, but that's the good (and bad) thing about carpeted floor - you can't see how much crap is actually in them.
But now it's spring, and the snow is melting, making people slip and walk funny, and turning ground dirt to mud.
It sucks when you step on those gooey mud - messes up your Nike sneakers, makes you feel like you're sinking down to Hades even as you
try to walk, and worst of all, it makes you go all 'uGgggHh' inside. Or outside too, depending on your personality.
So I always try to step on the remaining patches of snow instead. When, inevitably, I do happen to step on the muddy parts, I'll grit my teeth and force myself to move ahead till I get to the nearest snow.
I mean, what else are you gonna do, stay on the mud and grind your way down further?
And really, the snow doesn't just carpet your way and protect you from the gooey mud, it cleanses your soiled shoes as you walk!
Before you know it, your shoes are good as new.
See where I'm heading?
Same concept.
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. - Romans 8:1-2