Ok ok ok. So we were hanging out back in Ipoh, all of us gurls. We just had something to eat at a mamak stall and we were off shopping. Wasn't long before all of us had scores of paper bags hanging off our arms, and Wei Ming, looking slightly baffled, suggested that we put our stuff in the car first before going any further.
So yeah, we were heading to the car, bags and all, Stef was in front of me, when suddenly I spotted Mrs Lai at the left corner of me eye. I was like, hey Stef that's Mrs Lai! But she ignored me; I noticed she quickened her pace but... I wasn't sure.
Then Mrs Lai called out to Stef. She didn't stop, visibly power-walking now. Mrs Lai called her again, looking very much like she would fancy a long, polite chat, and still Stef marched on like Jennifer Aniston avoiding the paparazzi, head bowed and all.
Mrs Lai called one more time. Stef turned toward her, a big beautific smile on her face. "Hi Mrs Lai! What a surprise..." Then I couldn't hear much anymore, I was laughing so hard...
Stayed under me warm covers for at least 3 minutes shaking with laughter after I woke up.
I realize it might not be as funny to most of you guys huh. But... hehee but MAN, it just reminds me of the way Stef (ok la, and the rest of us nuts; juz that Stef cracked me up the most LOL) used to get all freaked out when we used to bump into ...'potential-awkward-situation' people like ...your boyfriend's ex, or an ex-crush you did something really dumb for once (or twice or...), or a fellow 'competitor' or... your crush-of-the-moment when you were out in your worst faded, crumpled baby-t and pasar malam slippers.
LOL I can't stop giggling juz
typing this. XD XD XD