<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Monday, April 25, 2005Y
Splinter Lesson

I was on the phone with Keong at Yuk Shan's apartment, walking barefooted on her hygienically-questionable wooden floor when my left foot brushed hard against the floor and a searing pain shot through the sole of my feet up to my thigh. It was a bleeding splinter. After grimacing uncomfortably with my cell phone stuck between my shoulder and ear, I decided to hang up and get rid of the splinter first. It came out pretty easily because it was such a huge chunk, but I still felt pain when I pressed the spot, and it was dark brown inside. So I figured there was more wood inside, which meant I had to dig deeper to avoid an infection or something. So I dug. With a blunt nail clipper. Boy did it hurt. But I couldn't find any wood, so I juz dug deeper. Till it hurt so much coz I cut too much skin too deep. No splinter. In my hasty desperation to get to the 'root' of my problem, I neglected King Fu, who came back with us after our persistant pleading. Gosh I still feel horrible when I think about it. That was pretty anal of me yea? *guiLtY* But the damage was done. Whilst searching for the cause of my phantom pain, which I so wrongly assumed was more wood, I'd created more lasting pain for myself, chopping off all those skin the way I did. Yaowch, yes. I had to walk like I had a golfball stuck on the sole of my left foot for the next couple days in New York, and this experience had taught me a couple of things. 1. Don't ever try to dig up problems that weren't there initially. 2. Don't ass-u-me and make an ass outta u and me. Though in this case, it was just me. 3. Don't be lazy - pick up your feet when you walk dammit. 4. Don't ever let your mind convince you of things - make your mind work for you. Remember: the mind is a very powerful tool. Ever heard of the story of the man who died in an icebox that was 80 degrees coz he was so convinced it was freezing? 5. Don't ever walk barefooted in Yuk Shan's dorm.

10:35 a.m. Photobucket