"Because he loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation." - Psalm 91:14-16
The only requirement is that we love Him. That's all He asks. Not that we be completely sinless, coz we were born sinners. Not that we be perfect, coz while we were made in His image, we're bogged down by our human weaknesses. Not even that we be 'religious', coz everybody knows going to church every week doesn't make you a good christian.
"Return to me," declares the Lord Almighty, "and I will return to you." says the Lord Almighty. - Zechariah 1:2-3
Just that we sincerely, actively follow and love Jesus, knowing that we're far from perfect, acknowledging that at times we might fail and succumb to weaknesses, but still striving to be what He desires us to be, still persevering in our faith in our Abba Father.
Because He loved us first. And He's the only one that will love us for all eternity.
Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint. - Isaiah 40:28-31
In short, He's got your back. ;)