<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Thursday, June 09, 2005Y
My Own Glasses, Please

I was reading a book in THE WORLD'S LARGEST BORDERS *gRin* in Berjaya Times Square, and I came across an analogy that I thought was really simple but... useful. The author was writing about one of her friends' experience. She was rushing out to attend a meeting, but she couldn't find her own glasses so she blindly grabbed her mother's glasses that was lying on the table next to the door. Needless to say, the drive to the meeting was horrendous coz she couldn't see properly with her mother's glasses, and had a hard time concentrating the whole night. While I wouldn't really go to the extent of wearing someone else's glasses (I'd rather go without, actually), I thought the author illustrated a good point - We shouldn't see things using our parents' glasses. Things, circumstances and times are different, and if we keep looking at things and doing things the way our parents did (or are still doing), we'll end up with the same mistakes, and never really evolve or change for the better. I guess what she was stressing is that we hafta set our own path. Filial piety, obedience is one thing - blindly following the trodden path without questioning is another. Don't worry pa, ma - I still love y'all to bits. *bEam*

9:08 a.m. Photobucket