"Thunk!" My heart leaped to my throat at that colliding sound. Hoping against hope, I checked the car door and my heart sank to the pit of my tummy.
There was a scratch on my mom's car. Shyte.
Sebastian was apologetic throughout supper, but even as I smiled and assured him it was all right, my mind was a mess. My dad just resprayed the whole car a couple of weeks ago.
Gaakk!
Keong said a bit of car polish would help though, so I thought of giving it a try...
As we were walking along the road, a modified Proton Saga reversed real quick and slammed into the modified Perdana behind them. Could hear the cracking sound of the bumper reaaal loud.
I wanted to hop into my car and park it safely in our house immediately, but I resisted. Afterall, I'm still with him.
Got to his house, his dad came to check things out while he looked for some car polish. He knelt down a little, pushed his glasses further up and traced the scratch expertly with his fingers...
"AiyaRrr, toothpaste can already la this one, it's not a scratch, it's somebody's car's paint..." he exclaimed almost lazily. "Did you know toothpaste can act as a polish also? I polish my watch with toothpaste what!"
True enough, when he rubbed some toothpaste on it, the 'scratch' came off.
I had to hide a grin. Not that he was wrong, just that the little swagger in his tone and actions were... quite similar of a older person who'd outsmarted younger people. =P
"Next time, you hafta ask older people... more experienced," he smirked as he walked back into the house. "I'll send you the bill."
Oh well. Whatever works, no? =)