We had a 'creative bio' session in my design class couple of days ago. Meaning we all had to make something, or bring something that shows who we are.
Y'know, so the whole class can snicker at your extremely personal details behind your backs.
Heh just kidding. So that everyone will get to know each other better la.
And boy, talk about diversity in a room. It is
nothing like a typical class introduction back in Malaysian college, where everybody likes Black Eyed Peas (aka popular music) and chooses their majors based on how much they can earn in the future. Not that that's a bad thing to do; heck no. Sometimes I wonder if I should put more thought into that; but I just like to write too much. *bEam*
Anyways. There was a girl who went the last Emmy Awards coz her dad and brother were nominated (the whole family's in the writing business), another who worked in US weekly during the summer and interviewed Adam Brody, Tori Spelling, Will Smith, etc, and one guy even rapped! He's sorta Puerto Rican, and everybody just raved about his rap. He wrote it himself, see. And it was hilarious when our professor said she had absolutely no clue what he just rapped. XD
Then there's a Brazilian-American who looks just brazilian (I couldn't stop thinking about Ronaldo - maybe coz of his football jersey =P - and that led me to think of Keong hehee). His presentation was pretty unique - he put all the smallest items that represented his interests, like rice for his love of cooking, bike wheel thingy (the small thing? forgot what it's called) for biking, and so on.
Most of them did collages and little art projects, and this girl did a simple thing with a paper plate and tiny flags, but what she had to say was so surprisingly sweet! Turns out she was getting married next June, after graduation, with her boyfriend of SEVEN YEARS! And they're been together since junior year of high school!! AwwWwww... so sweet! The whole class (ok la, just the girls =P) were like aww-ing and congratulating her.
Then there was this girl who used to be in the dance team for the Detroit Pistons. *gaSp* Gosh I KNOW! That is just so far out. And she's pretty, in a real sorta way. None of the blonde-haired, blue-eyed crap. Hehee.
Oh and how can I forget about the most successful 19-year-old I know? This guy, probably the youngest of the lot, has his own online business of making videos for events and other people's... stuff. I forgot the website, but he also has one personal webpage called www.tvb.us. Initially I was puzzled - what did he have to do with TVB, the Hong Kong TV syndicate? Till he told us it actually stood for The Very Best - coz he's such a perfectionist, surpriseX2 - AND he actually got into a legal battle with the real TVB coz of it. But since his dad's a lawyer (conveniently - some ppl's lives just piece together seamlessly huh), he won the case and thus, retained his personal webpage. =P
Hm. I think this is the first time I wrote such a long entry about me classmates. Interesting stuff.
OH!! I forgot to tell y'all about mY presentation. I basically brought all my old journals that I made myself, coz they're really reflections of what I like, such as scrapbooking, writing, the colors of pink and turquoise :P, punk spray-painting, glitter, christian verses... and then I showed them pictures of my family and me darling and stuff. Hehee. 0=) Wished I'd brought more pictures tho. But it's all right - wouldn't wanna take up the rest of the session by rambling on about my friends and family and beloved country. XD