Service was awesome today. Worshipping the Lord with all my heart and mind despite not being in the best of circumstances was liberating. There were thoughts and such that threatened to break my time to give thanks and glory to God, but I realized - or rather, was reaffirmed - that the difference between worshipping God and lip-syncing is making the effort to focus and give all you've got to the One who deserves all the worship and more.
It's true... situations don't break you; it's your mentality that does.
Feel free to disagree hehee. It's still a theory I'm trying to hone to perfection. =P
Anyways, Pastor Brad was going through some of the events and such that are going on in church so I flipped open the bible. And I came across this passage that I found so applicable and relevant to me right now...
Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good... Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. If this is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. Beloved, do not avenge yourself, but rather give place to wrath; for it is writeen, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord. Therefore
If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if He is thirty, give him a drink; For in doing so you will heap coals of fire on his head."
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. - Romans 12:9-21
Amen to that. I thank God for the opportunity to be able to practise what He's taught us, and to have the chance to be moulded furthermore into the image of Christ through trials and tribulations.
Coz we're not of this earth, we will never be completely satisfied and content in this world. But it's ok - the ending is worth the wait.
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that shall be revealed in us. - Romans 9:18
...As it is written:
Eye has not seen, nor ear heard
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love him. - 1 Corinthians 2:9