<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Monday, October 17, 2005Y
World of Darkness

I just added a couple more Potter comics. Hee. I think the arrangements will look a tad bit weird if you use Mozilla though. Can't please everyone, no? I've been holed up in my room, making avatars, mini clips, icons and whatnot. It's so fun! Although I'm really still an amateur at this; have you seen all those designs out there lately? These kids aren't even old enough to have their own IC yet, but their works are mind-boggling. Uber impressive. But it's ok; I plan to smoke them young aRses when I master these softwares I just installed! Muahahahah. At least, I hope I'll master 'em. Coz another thing that I noticed was how... gruesome and dark a lot of these supposedly-hip designs have become. Snippets of messages of hate and depression, glorification of self-mutilation and violence... I saw a fair amount of actual images of bleeding hands filled with cuts by razors, and it juz slays me (pun sorta intended). Kids today actually think that's cool? They actually find cartoons of axes slicing one's throat repeatedly funny? Why?! I guess we're all juz saturated with so much aggression and negativity nowadays. And Cinny no happy about that. Cinny want world to be all about bright colors, bubbly moods and cheerful laughter. No darkness. No bitterness. AND NO SELF-MUTILATION PICTURES PLS! Gosh, I seriously will throw up if I see another one. But I think it's not just the younger peeps. I just look at myself and I almost trip over my own self-righteousness. I like reading certain blogs coz they're funny - in a cynical, bitter way. The admiration I hold for someone who can write so satirically and so cynically doesn't always extend to someone who can write about only the good and lovely things in his/her life. A lot of bloggers and writers are popular coz they know how to complain and talk about everything in a cynical, bitter way. And for some reason, we prefer to read these witty, satirically written blogs to blogs that only write about the good things in life. We relate and applaud only to the bad stuff and those who immerse themselves in cynicism and malicious wit, because... We're attracted to darkness. Like this brutally honest excerpt from Donald Miller's book says: Ultimately, we do what we love to do. I like to think that I do things for the right reasons, but I don't, I do things because I do or don't love doing them. Because of sin... my body, my heart, and my affections are prone to love things that kill me. Tony (his friend) says Jesus gives us the ability to love the things we should love, the things of Heaven. Tony says that when people who follow Jesus love the right things, they help create God's kingdom on earth, and that is something beautiful. ***Oh btw, the blogs I mentioned earlier are not you guys'. Seriously! They're people who are famous in certain social circles for being really entertaining and witty. Not that your blogs aren't entertaining or witty, but - oh you know what I mean.

7:05 a.m. Photobucket