Being back home during the winter break was awesome. Only thing was that it was the school holidays as well. Which means (1) a whole lot more cars on the streets than usual (2) a whole lot more cars in parking lots than usual (3) a whole lot more people hanging out in shopping malls (4) a whole lot more people buying movie tickets in the only good cinema in Ipoh (5) a whole lot more difficult to just 'head out and catch a movie.'
I have a point. Read on. *bEam*
Blessings are everywhere, everyday. More so when we dare to hope.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
"Hey wanna watch King Kong?" I rolled my chair toward him lying on the couch.
"Okie. Now?"
"There's one at 8.05."
It was 7.36pm.
"Think we can make it?"
He shrugged. "We can try."
I grabbed the car keys and we were off.
Half-blinded by the headlights behind me, I mentally calculated our chances. It takes about 20 minutes to get to Jusco from my house, and that's if traffic wasn't too crazy. Possibly 10-13 minutes to get a parking space, if there weren't too many bored people in Ipoh.
It was a school holiday night.
I took a quick glance at the odometer. Ok. Maybe I should slow down. After all we weren't that desperate to watch the movie.
Never mind the fact that we had tried to catch King Kong for 3 failed times now. *shrug*
Jusco. I held my breath as I got to the parking level closest to the cinema. I was gonna run down to check the tickets while he waited in the car (his injured knee immobilized him quite a bit).
A car was backing out of a space right in front of us. I gawked.
"Is... is that car coming out??"
"Ya! Faster put signal!" He grinned.
"Sweeeet! Now all we need is a couple of tix," I hoped aloud as I parked the car in place. I ran to the cinema to check the status.
KING KONG 1.25 4.15 6.00
8.05 9...
OK. Red means... sold out.
I ran back to the car. "It's all sold out."
"You asked the person?" "No wor." "Oh... wanna ask and see? Sometimes they sell off reserved tix in the end."
"Really ah?" "Ya huh!"
"Oh okie." I made a mad dash back to the counter and lined up. The queue was surprisingly empty.
"Umm... you still have tix for King Kong, 8.05?" It was 8.00pm.
"Nope, all sold out," the Chinese guy said.
"Oh... ok... mmm," I dawdled a little, playing with my fingers.
He lowered his glasses and peered at me. "What time you want again?"
"8.05... got ah?"
"How many you want?"
"Just two."
"Hmmm... RM18 la please."
"Oh!" I forked over the money. Wait...
"Is it nice seats?"
He pushed the monitor screen toward me and pointed it out. "Ya. Right in the middle, to the back."
Those words are always like music to my ears.
"Cool. Thanks!"
I went back to the car, wanting to put on a poker face and pretend to leave but gave it up quickly coz I couldn't stop grinning.
"We gotz it!"
"Schweeet~!!"