I had a dream the other night, where I was a drill sergeant cum boot camp counselor cum girl guide senior along with Yuk Shan and
ms. slave driver herself my old cheerleading captain, and we were running around these miserable school buildings and making sure all the small farts were sleeping and stuff. Y'know, the whole seniority gig that just makes everyone do unnecessary bicep-flexing like forcing the younger ones to tie 1000 types of different knots AND name everyone of the knots, making them cook beautiful pineapple rice with the worst type of fire-building materials, etc etc.
I still remember having to hole up the halfed pineapple. Nasty stuff.
But anyways, I woke up and I just totally remembered all those horrible stuff we used to hear about the Boy Scouts. By that I mean SMI people of coz, coz ACS has Boys Brigade, and Sam Tet... mathletics? Lol old stereotypes die hard. =P
We used to hear those gross stories all the time, from tuition friends, wherever. And it's always in hushed voices and widened eyes, coz they were just. so. outrageous.
For example:
1. Every newbie will be forced to strip in front of the seniors, completely defenseless. The seniors will do the ritual trash-talking, physical abuse and *gasp* excessive fondling of the newbies. As an initiation process into the age-old tradition of Boy Scouts?
2. Someone (there're alwiz specific names la, but don't think it's nice to name 'em now =P) was punished by a senior and was forced to strip naked and be humiliated by the senior. Specific tactics were seldom revealed due to another age-old excuse of 'aiya i shouldnt tell u, ur a girl, not nice la.'
3. Sometimes the Scouts gather in an enclosed classroom and make some ppl *gasp gasp* strip naked and stand in the middle of the room while the rest of them jeered and made fun of them. Or something much much worse 'but aiya u dowanna know one la, not nice to say to a girl.'
One gets the idea. The stories always have the same hooks and rings to it, but never exactly alike, of coz.
I always wondered if they were just crude jokes that started from a bunch of bored, imaginative Scouts in an all-guys school, or if they were really true stuff.