<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Tuesday, March 28, 2006Y
Now I Know...

When we were in Stuttgart and sorta wondering which gallery to go to, we sorta stumbled upon one of the ugliest galleries ever. It's not really an exaggeration. The floors were so neon green it gives an unhealthy glow to everything, the poles were bright pink, and there was a yellow banana right next to its sign at the entrance.

Not a metaphor, a real image of a banana.


Like this. Yes I cut myself off, coz the attention should be on Ze Bananaa ppl. Focus! =P

At that time, we were pretty much baffled by the building structure of the ART galley by itself, but the banana... (-_-;)

GOsh I gotta stop expressing myself in emoticons.

Anyways, my point is, I found the answer to the mystery fruit!... I was working on my design presentation for tomorrow, and I was focusing it on Andy Warhol, that eccentric, uber famous Pop Art figure, so naturally I came across a lot of his works.

I even found some that we saw in the Staatsgalerie!


Like this one. Hammer and Sickle. I remember debating with Sean whether it was a photograph or a painting.

Obviously it's a painting. =P But I dunno, Warhol alwiz blurred the lines between the two mediums. *shRug*

Then I came across...


THE BANANA!

I'm still not sure why they would particularly put a signature Andy Warhol work right at their entrance, coz it's not a Andy Warhol exhibition or anything, hMmm...

But it's so cool to see the real works of an artist, and recognizing 'em! It's like, a secret club for Art Snobs or something, lol~

Hey, maybe that's the whole point of the strange banana at the entrance. So people who understand art can go 'aaHhh' and chuckle knowingly, while people who doesn't know heck about art can get all haughty and say, 'you call this an Art Gallery? Pfft.'

Teehee. I'm... in between, I guess. 0=)

________________________________________________

For a li'l fun fact session...

Did you know Andy Warhol was the one who started the '15 minutes of fame'catchphrase?

"In the future everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes." - Andy Warhol

Cool huh?

10:11 a.m. Photobucket