The "Y'know those moments where one thought leads to another, and before you know it, you're rambling on and on...." Post
I juz paid my parking ticket online. Yeah I got a ticket. In Detroit. Where I drove an hour and a half to pick up my sis from the airport, and then wait for another hour at the greyhound station for Dave, her boyfriend, who was coming down from Toronto by bus.
And that was where I got the bleeding ticket. We were waiting in the car, parked in front of the station. Plenty of people were doing that, it was a 10-minute parking zone, but hey who's counting right.
The woman cop from hell, apparently. See, our car was the last one of the line, and I din even see her coming coz I was talking to my sis, till the guy in front, who was actually hanging out by the curb with his buddy, waved at me and ran to his car and drove off.
When I saw the black woman cop thru my rearview mirror, it was too late. She was already typing away a ticket. I guess I could've still sped off, but she'd have had my license plate and all by then. Last thing I need was a mad car chase down the freeway. You think what, Eminem video ar? (referring to Detroit, and all. =P)
And she din even look at me. She juz walked past me, and clipped the ticket (along with a thoughtful white envelope for checks or money orders, of coz - USA, land of abundance and conveniences *rolls eyes*) onto the windshield right in front of me.
*&^%#$^#*
Anyway, the fine's $30. BUT but but! If you pay within the first ten days after it's issued, you are allowed to take $10 off!
Ok la, that's not too bad actually. I was juz pissed. Especially after seeing that NONE of the cars in front of me got a ticket. They din even move an inch.
Maybe coz they're all blacks. I'm serious. It's not racism, it's a statement. 90% of the people we saw there were blacks.
The only mildly cool thing bout this is that I can pay the ticket online. No going to the MPSJ (Majlis.. something Subang Jaya) or MPPJ or whatever, line up and get a rayuan form to explain how you don't deserve to be fined so much in an apologetic way, then wait for yout turn to pay up at the counter.
I know. I've paid fines in bOth MPSJ and MPPJ before. Bleh.
But who cares. My sis's back! And she brought back goodies~~ XD Anna Sui make up, Swarovski crystal necklaces, a Sony Clie PDA...
I'm serious! We travel by Jap Airlines so much we got mileage and stuff, so whenever they give us these coupons (50,000yen per coupon I think), we use 'em up on the duty free stuff they sell during the flights. I alwiz loved it when I got the chance to do that - go thru the catalogues, point at the goodies I fancy, and the smiling hostess will bring those beauties to me in slinky JAL bags~! It's insane. We've gotten Dior cosmetic sets, nail polishes, perfumes... I think I bought a Salvatore Ferragamo bracelet thing, but I never wore it. 0=) Gave that to my sis.
To be honest, most of the things they have in store, I normally wouldn't even look twice. Not juz coz of the outrageous prices, but also coz they're not things I'd use often. Well, except for perfumes and nail polishes. Me sis and I have yet to finish a single eyeshadow (or mascara, or face powder, or...eyeliner) we've gotten (to be fair, most of our make up comes from aunties and cousins as coming-of-age prezzies =D) since our dad gave up trying to convince us wearing glasses and having clean nails are the only things we need to get boyfriends, and I'd like to think that we're still too young and perky for expensive jewelry. =P
And yet, strangely, it still excites me when I see dainty eyeshadow cases, the colored powders pressed so immaculately inside, or elegant cosmetic sets, all the little compartments for different types of powder, colors... Maybe it's a girl thing.
But if you ask me whether I'd want a room full of pretty handmade papers or a room full of pretty makeup, I'd still choose the papers. 0=)
The first time I saw a real cosmetic set was at my aunt's dressing table. I remember messing up the powders coz the tidy compartments were juz too tempting to nOt touch =P, and then I tried on her lipsticks. I thought I'd be able to get away with it, until I smushed some of the lipsticks coz I forgot to wind 'em down after using 'em.
Heh. She never scolded me tho.
Annnnnyways. I tried taking pics of the crystals and stuff, but they din really turn out right. Bad lighting maybe.
As for the PDA, it's causing me some trouble right now so I won't say anything nice bout it. Bleh to you, Clie. =P