<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Wednesday, February 27, 2008Y
Long Body

With both hands wrapped around the huge plastic container filled with bedsheets and stuff, I tried to peer from the side of the box to check my footing on the stairs, but paper bags of clothes were dangling from my arms as well, the rope handles grinding painfully at my flesh, so all I could do was feel for the next step with my toes.

I kicked my door open, mentally going through my list of things to do; change the bed sheets, floor rugs, ...

Someone was sleeping on my bare bed. Without the bedsheets on. I took a cautious step forward; did some homeless person climb through the window and start staying at my place without me noticing?? For a second I thought it was Andrea, but then I figured the body is too long to be...

"Oh. Cindy." The long body spoke. Long Body knows my name. Long body is...

"Jia Jin! Oh, hiee..."

"I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am." Long body, I mean Jia Jin croaked in a gruffy, sleepy tone, covering his face with both his hands. More to rub the sleep off his eyes than to cover his blushing face, I suppose.

"Oh nono, it's ok. Don't worry bout it.." Yup, that's moi. Never one to start a confrontation, even though I was a little annoyed. But he wasn't the person to get displeased with...

"I'm juz gonna leave my stuff here and go." I started putting away my stuff.

"OK. So sorry again... So.. how've you been??" He really sounded like he could use a couple of Strepsils.

"Good, not too bad... how long are you back for?" We were catching up like it was the most normal thing to do at that awkward situation.

"About three weeks.. I'm leaving this weekend." He tried to clear his throat. Seriously, somebody get him a packet of Fishermen's. The crazy tongue-numbing ones.

"Oh ok... so.. you're gonna stay here till when?"

"Tomorrow..."

"Oh alright. Well.. I'm off now. Heh. Take care! And you can use the bedsheets, really." Although I do appreciate you not using them coz they're new and I hate doing large amounts of laundry.

"Bye. See you around..."

I gave him a short wave, and walked down the stairs.

Andrea came out of his room, grinning as usual. "Eh, Jia Jin is sleeping in your room you know."

Oh really? I hardly noticed.

"I know! I don't mind, but at least inform me!!"

He laughed. "Yaa, sorry sorry... What did Jia Jin say?"

"He was like, I'm so sorry and stuff... but I don't blame him, YOU~! You guys should've told me~!"

He laughed. Again. "Yaa.. I asked Shaun to SMS you, but..."

"Anyways, I'm going off now." Even though I was planning to stay for a couple of hours straightening out my room and download Colbid Caillat, but whatever.

"OK OK. Eh long time never see you d ah. Wanna have dinner tomorrow?"

"Sure."


4:48 p.m. Photobucket