It was my turn to be the chairperson for the TV meeting with the members from the headquarters in Japan, and I'd been preparing it for the meeting a week ahead. I was all set.
I was printing out all the meeting materials for everyone an hour before the meeting begins, and then it hit me.
I forgot to reserve the TV Conference Room. It's the most used and most fought after room because it's the only room where we can do video conferencing with any other branches, and most bickering and hard feelings could be traced back to that room. "I booked it first!" "but you weren't using it!" "I reserved the room online!" "Well I reserved it on the book, HANDWRITTEN proof." (Technically you're supposed to reserve it online and on the notebook.)
I didn't reserve it online OR on the notebook. (-__-); I'd done all the preparations except for the room reservation itself. And now some other department is using it till the end of the day.
My leader took it pretty well though. He didn't blew up on me, which he totally could've and I wouldn't blame him. Instead, he told me to reserve the room for tomorrow, same time. Then he called our chief (who attends the meeting too) and said I made a mistake with the dates when booking the room.
Is he the coolest leader or what?!? He tried to save my careless arse! If he was taller, with better-looking features and a clearer complexion, I'd give him a tight, long hug right there and then.
In the end, we didn't have to change the meeting time (which would be horrible coz I'd have to call the ppl in Japan and apologize for the incredible mess and waste of everyone's time); coz fortunately for me, they had just started to set up another TV conference room. The room's a little messy and much less glamorous, but it works so everything worked out fine. *bEam*