<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Thursday, April 10, 2008Y
Farewell....



Had a farewell dinner for H-san. A week after her last day of work. But the important thing is that we had one for her. Even got her flowers and a cake.

It took courage and a helluva big heart for me to attend her farewell gathering. H-san is part of the support team I'm in, and I guess to everyone else in the company, we're best gal pals coz we sit together, have lunch together, attend company events together.

But we're not. In fact, things get kinda awkward and uncomfortable when we're left alone together. Maybe it's coz we see so much of each other day in and day out. People tend to run out of things to talk about after the first couple of hours, what more a full working day of eight hours. Five days a week. You get the point.

I used to think I could be close buddies with her though. Until I found out she talked about me in unfavorable ways. I never did figure out what she had against me. Maybe it was coz I got together with Y-san. Maybe it was coz of the way I dress. I used to care. Not anymore. It's tiring to care so much. Not to mention stressful.

Things got worse the month after she handed in her resignation letter. We never spoke a word to each other outside of work-related issues. The tension between us was so thick you could probably hurt yourself trying to break it.

But still, I attended the farewell dinner. And I'm glad I did. I made the effort to mend things; she tried to talk to me again too. We exchanged new contact numbers and took pictures together with our phone cameras.

We'll never be the best of friends; but at least we won't leave a bitter memory in each other's lives in the end.

9:31 p.m. Photobucket