<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Tuesday, July 22, 2008Y
In Hot Water

S-san walked out of his office with his hands filled with pens. He stopped in front of my desk.

"I bought these last week," he started, waving his handful of pens slightly. "Half of them don't work." He handed me the pens held in his left hand.

"Make them work." He says with a firm smile and sauntered back into his office.

Shuure. I'll put in my best efforts to making your cheap ballpens work. Ballpens that probably don't work because they've been on the shelves for so long the ink's gone dry.

I tried to remember how i dealt with stubbborn ballpens like these when I was in school. Rubbing them in between my palms to warm up the ink enough to get it flowing, blowing hot air at the pointy tips to... so basically the theory is that I need to warm the bloody things up to get them flowing and working again.

Absolutely no sexual connotations whatsoever.

Reluctantly, I took off my fluffy office slippers, slip my feet into the tough, cold working heels and head towards the pantry to get a cup of boiling hot water.

After successfully burning my thumb at the electric water boiler, I got back to my seat with a mug of hot water and placed the pens in it. And waited.

Ten minutes later, I took one of the pens and tried it out on a piece of scrap paper. Nothing. The pen feels warm but it wasn't working...

I decided to place the pens with their point tips facing down instead. Another ten minutes later and the pens were writing smoothly like ink pens. XD

Trying hard to control the self-satisfied grin that threatens to break across my face, I went inside S-san's room and handed him the slightly warm pens.

"It's impossible right," he misconcluded matter-of-factly.

"No sir, actually they work fine now."

"No way!" He grabbed the pens from me and started scribbling with them one by one.

"But how...?"

I explained to him.

"Oh... thanks."

I love it when I exceed people's (albeit low) expectations of me. ^o^

3:14 p.m. Photobucket