Nami, Murakami, Me, Mommy (what's she doing here??), Iwabuchi
Some of my colleagues followed me back to Ipoh last weekend. It was a hectic two days, driving them from one place to another. I've never even been to some of the places they wanted to go, like Gunung Lang. Or Kellie's Castle.
Two hours of relaxing facial and massage at my usual beauty salon was the only time I had to moiself.
Initially, they told me not to worry about them, that they'd find their own way around and stuff. The only thing they needed from me was a ride to and fro KL.
I knew it was just Japanese courtesy, and that I should insist on bringing them around, but I reaally wanted to go get my hair cut and facial done that weekend so... I kept quiet.
And promptly got a lashing from my parents for being so inconsiderate. They're foreigners coming to your hometown! It's an obligation! Let Pa Ma treat them to lunch at Overseas!
-___-;
But it went pretty well, if I do say so myself. And they paid for the toll and gasoline.
Which I probably should've declined based on Japanese hospitality rules but...
Ehehe. 0=)
For the sake of argument (in my favor =P), they're earning expat wages. They can definitely afford to be courteous.