I hate it when people go, "Did you shower?"
Like, what's that supposed to imply? That I stink? That my hair is greasy? Or is it juz the normal way you say hello where you come from? What was it again... Freakz R' Us??
And whatever the answer is it'll sound stupid and awkward. How's the conversation supposed to go from there? "Yes, I showered. Um, did you? ...Great. We both did."
Huhhh????
But nothing beats this one - "Did you sleep last night?"
There're quite a few variations. "Din sleep ah??" "You din sleep well isit?"
Not enough sleep ah??"
I swear, people use these phrases as GREETINGS. As in, the only thing they can think of asking when they bump into someone is the person's sleeping habits. Or lack thereof.
I don't think it's proper to bring up the fact that the person has eyebags the size of grapefruits at ANY time of the day, much less when you first greet someone.
Maybe it's just a warped way of showing your concern, but it's still warped and inappropriate. =P Not to mention mildly insulting.
And yes, I DID shower, and I slept well and long enough, thank you very much.