<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Monday, August 18, 2008Y
Hair Crisis (Dejavu)

It's like choosing BK or McD's. They're both the same. Maybe BK has Swiss Mushroom, which is sinfully good, but there's McFlurry at McD's, which is heaven in a recycleable cup.

My point is, whether I cut my hair or not, I would've suffered the same fate. I could've kept my hair at the awkward shoulder length that curls up at the ends like a Mexican comic moustache no matter how carefully I blowdry it, or I can straighten the damn hair and endure the flat, lifeless effect for at least a week before it becomes more natural so that I can keep my hair long from now on.

You see, I can't win. Not with the current hair length.

And now I look like I have solar-absorbing sheets on my head. Wall.E should come look for me if he ever runs out of solar-absorbing sheet replacements.

I remember feeling the exact same way a year ago, when I straightened and dyed my hair pure black. Everyone (guys anyway) seemed to appreciate it, but I was so upset I avoided mirrors for almost two weeks.

I hated it then, and I hate it now. So why did I do it?? Argh.

Coz if I can just be patient and wait it out, maybe a couple of weeks, the hair will regain its bounce somewhat, and my hair did eventually turn out really nice and easy to manage a month after I straightened my hair last year. But I just did my hair yesterday, and still very emotionally raw. I almost screamed at my colleague in front of the whole morning assembly crowd this morning when he commented that I seem to have a fat face today. The hairdo took five friggin' hours and I don't care if the cutest guy there did my hair; Brad Pitt can be the one doing my hair and I'd still get irritated and snappy. And note to hairdresser: Pretentious earthy music is NOT soothing even if it's written so on the CD album cover. The monotonous drone just gets on your customers' nerves. TRUST ME ON THIS.

I need to calm down.


3:54 p.m. Photobucket