<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Monday, August 04, 2008Y
Kicking Up A (Sandy) Fuss

The aunties were all gathered around my kid nephew and his bright red bucket as he showed off his catch - a tiny crab in some sand and seawater. Squatting down and gushing over the kid's grand achievement of getting hold of a crab in a beach crawling with million others, one of the aunties waved me over impatiently. I felt wet and sticky. My sandals were stuffed with sand. I wanted to head back for a shower and I told her so.

She glared at me menacingly, as if to imply that I was a gloomy mood spoiler for not joining in the sunny, joyous family event. I decided it took less effort to give in rather than hold my ground to proof a point. I walked over and peered over everyone's heads to check out the catch of the day. Baby crab the size of my thumbnail. Cool.

I felt something crawling up my right ankle. Something big. I looked down and saw a gigantic ant attempting to climb up my right feet. Without thinking, I tried to shake it off with one violent yank of the feet and promptly kicked up a huge spray of sand at the direction of the gushing audience. They started sputtering and flailing their arms about, as if to wave away some invisible smoke. Only it was sand, tons of them.

"Thank you, Cindy," Auntie Margaret said sarcastically as a sneeze escaped out of her sand-covered nose. I tried to look remorseful and apologize, but the sight of them coughing out sand and patting their wet hair dusted with sand was too much for me. Before I could choke out a decent "Sorry", I was bowling over with laughter.

My mom looked over at me in mild disapproval, but I could see the corners of her mouth were twitching. "You overreacted, Cindy," she finally said, stating the obvious.

After getting a hold of myself, I stuttered out an apology in the midst of uncontrolled giggles. These kind of incidents are usually funny in movies, but it's ROTFLOL funny when it happens in real life. Haha~!


9:12 a.m. Photobucket