<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Tuesday, August 05, 2008Y
Too Much Dragonfruit (& Information)

"My stomach hurts..." Naomi moans, bending over with her arms clutched close to her stomach. (People who always say that Japanese people have no facial or bodily expressions should meet Naomi at least once. She's everything a Japanese is nOt supposed to be.)

Before I could ask her what was wrong, she was running to the bathroom, her footsteps echoing noisily throughout the office. I shrugged to myself, and went back to my daily feed of blog reads.

She comes back a few minutes later, all smiles. "Feeling better?" I ask her.

"It frightened me!" She exclaims, her eyes bulging behind her purple glasses.

"I was in the toilet, doing my business, and when I looked down, IT WAS PINK!" I burst out laughing; I can't believe the ease and openness she has talking about her private... business. And it's even funnier coz we were just laughing about the piles story earlier, talked about buying him a donut seat to ease his discomfort (LOL).

"Naomi, there is such a thing as too much information. It's the same as announcing to your colleagues you have piles."

"No! It must be the dragonfruit I've been eating!" Everything Naomi says must end with a exclamation mark. It just sounds that way.

"I thought I've got piles or something!" I'm really cracking up at this point, which isn't proper in front of the MD (who is nearby) coz people don't laugh when talking about work. I tried to think about serious, sad stuff. Like... I could see the piles guy walking down the aisle. OMG, somebody knock me unconscious or something. I can't NOT laugh.

"Well maybe you should teach piles guy a thing or two about dragonfruit. He definitely needs it."

"Yeah. I should talk to him one of these days," Naomi replied, her eyes following the poor guy as he started to sit down on his donut seat chair.

And I just know she will. Lol.


5:00 p.m. Photobucket