Got a shocking email today.
Basically the title said it all: Use pad for more than 3 hours can cause cervical cancer & bacteria infection.
Was a long, detailed article so I'll just point out the facts that freaked me out the most.
Tampon companies put asbestos into tampons to make us bleed more.
Dioxin (the substance used to bleach tampons) is carcinogenic and toxic to our reproductive and immune systems.
Are. You. Kidding. Me.
And apparently there's no law against the usage of dioxin because it'll only be harmful if one has repeated contact to it. Three to five tampons a day in five consecutive days a month is PLENTY of contact if you ask me!
Another thing is that tampon companies are using rayon because it absorbs more. If some fibers are left in the vagina, the rayon is gonna absorb the crap outta the evil dioxin! AND rayon remains in the vagina much longer than normal cotton tampons.
I'm not sure how accurate the email contents are, but I've heard about this before... think it was when some distant relative was trying to sell me some 'organic' pads that smelt like Chinese herb. 'Organic' is fine and well, but I refuse to have my vagina smell like a bowl of herbal medicine you drink after a bad hangover, sorry.
But I need to get myself some (odorless) unbleached pads and tampons from now on.