<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Monday, September 22, 2008Y
Running in the Rain

We were on our way out of the café when drops of water began to plop down the street, making little dark dot patterns on the dry road. He puts his arm over my shoulder and tried to shield my face with his other hand. I laughed.

“I don’t think that’s gonna work.”

“Or I can hide you under my T-shirt so you won’t get wet.” He grinned, holding out his T-shirt invitingly. I was about to say something silly back when the rain threatened to fall harder; we quickened our pace.

Within seconds, water poured down on us, and everyone around us started yelling and running to their cars. We broke into a run as he grabbed hold of my hand and led me to a covered area at the side of the road, where his friends were already waiting and trying to wipe themselves dry with tissue paper. A couple of dogs lying comfortably by the side of the wall stared at us, slightly annoyed to have to share this dry spot with a group of dripping, loud humans.

He dashed off into the rain to get the car before I could stop him. Before long, I saw his car parked next to us and we hurried in. He was drenched. I pushed the AC away from his direction and offered him my jacket to wipe himself dry. He dried himself hastily and started driving. It was gonna be a tiring drive back to KL. His friends were already bickering and joking at the back of the car, causing a smile or two to break out on his face as he listened in; at least he would have something to keep him awake throughout the journey.

I ruffled his wet hair slightly, staring at his palm resting casually on my lap as he concentrated on the road, the row of traffic lights and street lamps changing the color of our skins to different shades as we drove past.































That’s one item crossed off my list of daydreams to come true. *bEams*


2:41 p.m. Photobucket