<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Thursday, October 30, 2008Y
Heartburn, be gone!

I've had gastric (heartburn) problems since I was sixteen. Was admitted into a hospital twice because of it, but I've learnt to live with it. Technically, I've figured out the kind of circumstances where I am most likely to experience gastricitis, even though lately it's becoming annoyingly frequent and unpredictable.

Which is why I keep a steady supply of heartburn medication at the dressing drawer, and I always make sure there's some in my miscellaneous case inside my handbag (altho sometimes I do neglect to replace the ones I've taken, and have to beat myself up when the first pangs of pain kick in).

I'm not sure why, but I've never seriously asked God to take away this... illness? disease? from me. Somehow I figured it wasn't life-threatening enough to bring up.

Until I listened to this pastor the other day during Sunday service. My stomach was beginning to experience the familiar, unwelcomed discomfort, and I was about to reach into my bag for the med when the pastor started praying aloud for the Lord's healing hands to be upon all who were suffering from heart diseases, flu, pains, etc etc. I've heard it all before, but it was the first time it even occurred to me that my gastric pains could be healed permanently as well; all I need to do was ask.

(I am aware that up till not this is more proof of how dim in the head I can get, rather than it being a testimony of God's diving intervention, but hear me out.)

So I said a simple prayer under my breath, to be rid of this inconvenient and sometimes unbearably painful occurrences once and for all. The praying ended and the pastor proceeded to the holy communion.

The pain was still there, but it wasnt unbearable. I took the bread and wine from the usher and waited.

After the prayer, I ate the bread, drank the wine... and it happened. The pain vanished so quick I had to wonder if I'd imagined it in the first place. Normally the pain will only subside at least an hour after I'd taken the medication, but never like this. The pain didn't subside - it disappeared. The stark contrast between increasing pain and discomfort to a completely healthy state of...painlessness? left me a little disoriented, and without thinking I rubbed my stomach with both hands. No sign of any bloating or incessant growling.

The boyfriend saw me touching my stomach and asked if I was ok. Is it gastric again?

Nope, I beamed at him, shaking my head for emphasis. Never felt better.


2:59 p.m. Photobucket