Was watching Chuck on Starworld at my brother's new place in Puchong when my phone rang . It was an SMS tone so I ignored it for the time being.
Brother kicked my handbag lying at the opposite end of the couch he was lazing on closer to him and proceeded to grope for my handphone.
Me: Excuse me????
Brother found the phone and started checking my SMSes.
Brother read out the message. "Clubbing tonite at Quattro. Avenue K."
Me: Hello!! That's private!
Brother ducked with unexpected speed as I tried to snatch the phone away.
Bro: Clubbing??
Brother raised one disapproving eyebrow.
Me: It's not what you think.
Bro: How old are you wor, go clubbing...
Me: Uhhh, 24!? Way over the legal age!?
Brother continued to go thru my other SMSes. I decided to let him until I remembered boyfriend's mushy SMSes were still in there. Grabbed the phone abruptly, only to find that he's sent a reply WITHOUT MY CONSENT.
Me: WHAT DID YOU REPLY???
Brother gave a sly grin but did not say anything.
I checked the Sent Messages Inbox. He'd replied the friend with a big, capitalized NO SORRY. NOT TONIGHT.
I glared at him.
Me: How can you decline that way!! You completely humiliated me.
Brother remained quiet, a self-satisfied look on his face.
I stared at my phone, trying to figure out a damage control plan.
Bro: Don't go clubbing la. It's stupid.
Me: I wasn't planning to!
Bro: Ya, so the SMS was a random thing.
Me: No, it's juz this ex-colleague who's in town for the weekend and... grr YOU JUZ RUINED MY REPUTATION.
Bro: Whatever. It's 10 already. You should go back and sleep or you'll miss church tomorrow morning.
Me: Arrrggh---.